From time to time The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation has openings for highly qualified professionals and support personnel who have a strong commitment to the Foundation’s mission of improving the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals and families.
Owings Mills, Maryland
June 2, 2016
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter including a summary of relevant work experience and a statement of particular interest in this position, along with salary range requirements, to email@example.com no later than end of business on Thursday, June 2, 2016. If the Foundation is interested in speaking with you, expect to be contacted within 30-60 days of submission. No phone calls, please. Thank you.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work as an assistant to the Program Assistant Manager, Program Directors, Officers, or Associates to coordinate and expedite the grants process.
- Answer phones, handle inquiries, take messages and forward calls in a friendly and professional manner.
- Greet and assist guests.
- Communicate with applicants, grantees, and other external partners via phone, mail and email.
- Prepare and process documents accurately and within scheduled deadlines (including typing, copying, paper filing, scanning for electronic filing, faxing, mailing and messaging).
- Assist in preparation for presentations (i.e., assembling informational materials, reserving food and drinks, room, coordinating calendars, sending out email confirmations and reminders, etc.).
- Schedule site visits as requested (locally, nationally and at times internationally) including travel arrangements, itineraries, hotel reservations, and other requests as assigned.
- Schedule conference calls/appointments (sending out email confirmations and reminders, etc.).
- Keep calendars and contacts of Program Directors, Officers and/or Associates up to date in Microsoft Outlook.
- Prepare, process, and submit timesheets for direct supervisor and yourself.
- Prepare credit card statements and expense reports for direct supervisor including all necessary documentation in a neat and clear manner.
- Accompany Program Director, Officers and/or Associates on site visits as appropriate.
- Assist Program Assistant Manager in obtaining and analyzing information from potential and existing grantees (examples: call to request additional financial information, program information, etc.).
- Restock paper daily in printers, fax, paper racks (letterhead, envelopes, etc.).
- Help generally keep the office neat and tidy.
- Assist with any special or priority projects as requested by the Program Assistant Manager, Executive Assistants, or Chief of Staff.
Team Member Responsibilities:
- Attend regularly scheduled team meetings and contribute to discussions.
- Confirm the board/conference room is clean and cleared of all materials and put into order following a scheduled meeting.
- Work with fellow administrative team members to maintain and update the Foundation’s central grant files in a timely and accurate manner.
- Coordinate with other administrative professionals to assist covering front desk responsibilities, as needed.
- Initiate recommendations and solutions to challenges.
- Maintain a clean and orderly office appearance in your office area and help contribute cleaning common areas to ensure things are neat and tidy at all times.
- Work well with other staff to deliver work accurately and quickly.
- Demonstrate a high level of friendly and professional customer-service with internal and external individuals.
- Ability to listen carefully to staff and to be accessible and approachable.
- Ability to recognize the decision-making process will not always go your way, and a willingness to accept this reality.
- Assist fellow administrative team members with work overflow when necessary.
- Accept constructive feedback and respond by improving one’s work product.
The Weinberg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It embraces workforce diversity and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal opportunity laws. The foundation encourages all qualified applicants to apply.