Seeking a grant?
First, you’ll need to answer five questions. If you answer “no” to any, you need to reconsider your request.
- Can your organization provide evidence of tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code?
- Does your organization’s work principally serve lower-income individuals in the communities in which they reside?
- Is your organization committed to assisting vulnerable and at-risk populations?
- Is this your organization’s first Letter of Inquiry to the Foundation? If an earlier request was declined,please do not submit a second Letter of Inquiry for the same project unless there are substantial changes that would make a new submission appropriate.
- Is your organization in the appropriate geographic area for the program area to which you are applying?