Community grants in our hometowns and half-a-world away
- International (including Israel and the Former Soviet Union)
- Northeastern Pennsylvania
Grants are made in the following categories:
- Support to Jewish communities in need that does not fit into other program categories
- Select Jewish organizations that preserve or advance the security of Israel
- Supporting the renovation or construction of affordable housing
- Neighborhood revitalization and community improvement projects in low-income areas
Organizations that distribute funds to many of the Foundation’s priority program areas. For example: The Associated Jewish Charities, Catholic Charities, Associated Black Charities, United Way, the Baltimore Community Foundation and the like in the Baltimore area, and similar organizations in Northeastern Pennsylvania and Hawaii.
Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) are accepted on a rolling basis
- Grants are made in one of three categories: General Operating Support, Program Support, Capital Project
- Each type of grant requires its own specific LOI
- The Foundation will confirm receipt of each LOI within 30 days
Please click here to review our guidelines for your LOI.
If you are submitting a Letter of Inquiry and are unsure if your program falls within the General Community Support program area, please contact the Foundation directly and ask to speak with Kate Sorestad, Program Officer, General Community Support & Libraries, 410-654-8500, ext. 249, firstname.lastname@example.org.