Frequently Asked Questions (MSGP)
- I have a payment pending for an existing grant through the regular process. May I also apply through the MSGP?
If you have an approved grant, you may apply for MSGP funding if your current grant is less than 25% of your annual budget. The total combined funding cannot exceed 25% of your total annual budget.
- I have a proposal pending with your Foundation for more than $50,000. May I amend the amount and go through the expedited process?
No. Any grants that are under review should continue to be reviewed until a decision is rendered.
- If my program serves populations in DC and MD, may I apply through the MD Small Grants program for the MD aspect of the program and go through the regular process for the DC part of the program?
Apply to the MSGP for the Maryland population served, and explain, in detail, the population in DC that would not be covered by the MSGP. Ask this question as part of your MSGP application, and a determination will be made on a case-by-case basis.
- Is there a specific format to use when applying?
Follow the specifics of the 17 questions and 6 attachments on the application. You may contact Christina Laumann, Program Assistant, at 410-654-8500, ext. 227 or by e-mail to email@example.com if you have additional questions.
- May a nonprofit apply using the 501(c)(3) status of a national organization?
A nonprofit may only apply using the 501(c)(3) of a national organization if that organization’s budget does not exceed $5 million.
- Once the grant is completed, may I apply for a MSGP grant again?
Yes, an organization may apply for additional MSGP funding of up to two years, but only after a final report for the initial grant has been submitted and reviewed.
- If my application is declined may I reapply for the same program at a later date?
You may reapply but not for the same program. Any new proposals must be substantially different.