About The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, one of the largest private charitable foundations in the United States, is dedicated to meeting the basic needs of people experiencing poverty. The Foundation provides approximately $130 million each year in total grant activity supporting nonprofits that provide direct services in the areas of Housing, Health, Jobs, Education, and Community Services. Grants support organizations that serve a range of populations, including older adults, women at risk and their children, people with disabilities, and veterans, as well as the Jewish community.
The Foundation administers the majority of its funding in its priority communities: Baltimore, Chicago, Hawaiʻi, Israel, New York City, Northeastern Pennsylvania, San Francisco, and Rural Communities (primarily rural areas within proximity to other priority communities). Foundation funding extends to the greater metropolitan areas of the specific cities listed. All of these locations represent personal ties to the life and legacy of Harry Weinberg, as well as communities where Weinberg Foundation trustees reside and provide leadership. Since 1990, the Foundation has distributed grants totaling more than $2.5 billion.
The Senior Information Technology Specialist position is a versatile opportunity to work in a multi-faceted IT environment. Duties will range from support and oversight of corporate IT operations and evaluation to assisting with training and mentorship of technical solutions. Responsibilities include a wide range of offerings in the key role of supporting the Foundation’s Hawai’i office IT needs.
- Support IT Director in overseeing corporate IT operations and evaluating resources in accordance with established goals.
- Ensure maximum uptime of corporate IT resources.
- Ensure system security needs are established and maintained for operations development, security requirements, security risk assessments, systems analysis, systems design, security test and evaluation, systems hardening, vulnerability testing and scanning, incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, and provides analytical support for security policy development.
- Up to date with relevant cyber security threats and counter measures.
- Lead IT projects, including the design and deployment of new IT systems and services.
- Provides training and mentorship of technical solutions to team members.
- Help define IT infrastructure strategy, architecture, and processes.
- Help define and implement procedures, standards, and guidelines that conform to company policies.
- Analyze business requirements by partnering with key stakeholders across the organization to develop solutions for IT needs.
- Perform analysis on existing system architecture security controls and recommend changes for better security practices based on enterprise standard processes.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues related to internal IT infrastructure.
- Assist with the management and development of company IT disaster recovery plan.
- Design and maintain systems and process documentation, as well as manuals for end users.
- Work with vendors and consultants to resolve issues as necessary.
Skills and Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (computer science or related field) and 8+ years’ experience (IT infrastructure support, application support, cloud computing, disaster/recovery, etc.) or 12+ years equivalent job experience.
- 4+ years’ experience with Azure, Microsoft 365 E5, and PowerShell.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Power Automate, Microsoft Defender, Data Loss Prevention, Windows Information Protection, and Microsoft Security Compliance Center.
- Demonstrated consulting, presentation, and project management skills with expert proficiency in storage, compute, database, collaboration, cloud hosting, and related technologies.
- Ability to travel domestically.
- 24/7 availability.
- Research skills.
- Ability to be well-organized and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Sense of confidence balanced with humility (diplomatic, respectful style, serving as an ambassador for the Foundation in all public settings). This includes the confidence to say, “I don’t know, but I will find out and get back to you.”
- Needs to have a sense of humor and humility.
The Weinberg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It embraces workforce diversity and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state, and local equal opportunity laws. The Foundation encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a confidential resume and cover letter, along with salary range requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than close of business on November 5, 2021. If the Foundation is interested in speaking with you, expect to be contacted within 30 days of submission. Please refrain from phone follow-ups. Thank you.