Normally, funding nationally (beyond the Foundation’s “hometowns”) is restricted to grants for Older Adults and Workforce Development. But the Weinberg Foundation is pleased to announce, effective immediately, capital grants throughout the United States and Israel now will be considered in any of our program areas, subject to the Foundation’s other grantmaking criteria. Letters of inquiry (LOI) will be received on a rolling basis.
The Foundation seeks to identify capital projects which meet the following requirements:
- Specific plans already confirmed for the project, including value-engineered drawings or the equivalent including specific, confirmed, total project costs
- At least 50% of the funds in signed pledges or cash in hand (a detailed, certified list demonstrating this information will be required as part of the grant application)
- Services provided through the project must be consistent with the grantmaking criteria outlined by the Foundation for each program area
Please keep in mind that the Weinberg Foundation will support up to 30% of the project cost, but there is no limit on the project size. Also, the Foundation prefers to provide support in the later stages of a capital campaign, after construction costs are fixed and a substantial portion of the funding has been raised. The Weinberg Foundation does not award supplemental grant funding to cover unexpected construction costs.
Again, the Weinberg Foundation will only support quality organizations that meet its priorities and follow its capital grant requirements. You can learn more about the Weinberg Foundation’s specific program areas by clicking here. Please note that program and general operating grant opportunities remain restricted to the geographic preference listed for each program area.
As a reminder, our program areas include:
- Older Adults (Michael Marcus, Program Director; email@example.com)
- Workforce Development (Marci Hunn, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Basic Human Needs and Health (Amy Kleine, Program Director; email@example.com)
- Disabilities (Stan Goldman, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Education, Children, Youth, and Families (Amy Gross, Program Director; email@example.com)
- Education, Children, Youth, and Families – Israel (Stan Goldman, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- General Community Support (Arlene Hayden, Chief of Staff, email@example.com)