The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation wishes to share exciting news.
The Foundation is temporarily broadening its geographic focus for capital grants. Normally, funding nationally (beyond the Foundation’s “hometowns”) is restricted to grants for older adults and workforce development. The Foundation is pleased to announce that effective immediately through February 28, 2013, the Weinberg Foundation will consider capital grants throughout the United States and Israel in any of our program areas, subject to the Foundation’s other grantmaking criteria. To facilitate requests from quality organizations, The Weinberg Foundation is streamlining its usual grantmaking process. The Foundation seeks to identify capital projects with:
- Specific plans already confirmed for the project including value engineered drawings or the equivalent and including specific, confirmed, total project costs
- At least 50% of the funds already pledged and collected (a detailed, certified list demonstrating this information will be required as part of the grant application)
- Projects that are “shovel ready” or well underway.
- Projects that provide services that match the grantmaking criteria outlined by the Foundation for each program area
You can learn more about the Weinberg Foundation’s specific program areas by clicking here.
As a reminder, our program areas include:
- Older Adults (Michael Marcus, Program Director; firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Workforce Development (Marci Hunn, Program Director; email@example.com)
- Basic Human Needs and Health (Amy Kleine, Program Director, on maternity leave until January 2, 2013; please contact Kate Sorestad, Program Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Disabilities (Stan Goldman, Program Director; email@example.com)
- Education, Children, Youth, and Families (Amy Gross, Program Director, on maternity leave until December 1, 2012; please contact Kate Sorestad, Program Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Education – Israel (Stan Goldman, Program Director; email@example.com)
- General Community Support (Arlene Hayden, Chief of Staff, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please email the appropriate program director with the following information:
- A brief statement (no more than a single paragraph please) on the program
- Total project cost
- Total amount raised to date
- Funding gap
- Expected project completion date
- Contact person and information for the organization
The program director will follow-up on next steps if the request for a full proposal is approved. Please keep in mind that Weinberg Foundation support is limited to a 30% maximum of any project but there is no limit on the size of the project. Again, the Weinberg Foundation will only support quality organizations that meet its priorities and follow its capital grant requirements.