The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and the Council on Foundations announce the 2018 winners of the Secretary’s Award for Public-Philanthropic Partnerships. The awards recognize exemplary partnerships between foundations and government that have been critical in transforming communities and improving lives.
This year’s winners were presented by Secretary Carson as part of an event at HUD Headquarters. Awards are given to place-based funders for completed or ongoing initiatives that are executed in partnership with a local, regional, or federal government agency. The winners are—
- Anthem Foundation
- Bon Secours of Maryland Foundation
- Charles Stewart Mott Foundation
- The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation
- Greater Cedar Rapids Community Foundation
- The Harry & Jeanette Weinberg Foundation and The Leonard & Helen R. Stulman Foundation
- Michael Reese Health Trust and Polk Bros. Foundation
- Rasmuson Foundation
- Spartanburg County Foundation
- U.S. Endowment for Forestry and Communities
To learn more about 2018 winners and their initiatives, click here.